Popular Posts

Saturday 30 May 2015

First market stall

Finally I am using my blog to allow me to start sharing my passion and latest venture- Textile Design and printing on fabric. 
I am finally starting out alone and starting my own line of hand printed products. I will be producing and selling bags, baby-grows, scarves, cushion covers, T-shirts and a few dresses. I am currently getting ready for the Sunday Market, which next weekend (June 7th) at the Westergasfabriek, Amsterdam. 
Its my first market. My next step is to build an online shop - but I feel its really important to see what people think of the product in real-life before I sell online. 

http://www.sundaymarket.nl/

Today I've been working on creating new images to update my website. In December 2014, I was lucky enough to visit Cape Town, South Africa, the country where I was born. My cousin Sitaara had just graduated in photography and she took some amazing shots of my scarves and bags. These are now live and can be viewed on my website under 'Latest Work'. I love the tropical plants and flowers that feature and the colours set of the fabrics perfectly!


One of my hand-printed tote bags photgrahed amongst the Fynbos at the Cape of Good Hope Nursery in
Cape Town

Here are some of the new prints I made last week especially for next Sunday - 


Little bags












Summery scarves

No comments:

Post a Comment